Sunday, November 07, 2010

Back to Snells Beach

Yesterday my lovely wife Kari and I rented a car, got together with Joe and Gary (good friends and colleagues at Oktobor) and went for a trip up north to Snells Beach.

Kari and me at Orewa Beach


We made a short stop at Orewa before we headed for Snells Beach, where I finally got my hands on the most AWESOME Almond Croissants ever...they don't make them like that anywhere else - trust me, I've been searching. We also went down to the beach where I showed my wife and the guys the place I was living the last time I was working in New Zealand.

Joe, Gary and me at the beach in Snells Beach

Next stop was Matakana where they had a really nice farmers marked and then we headed out to Omaha Beach, but it was a little bit too chilly and windy for us to stay.

On the way back we stopped at Takapuna - a nice small city just outside Auckland - a really idyllic place. No doubt we're going back there once the summer really sets in.

It was great to go back and see the place I used to live two years ago - there wasn't that much changed though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment