Sunday, April 03, 2011

Animals & Creatures - Session 101

Finally, after a couple of months of waiting, the Animation Mentor Animals & Creatures Masterclass has started. I'm superexcited about this and I'm really looking forward to dive into the world of VFX animation.

I couldn't be more happy with my mentor. Kevin Koch is an animation veteran with more than 14 years in the industry and with extensive experience in both traditional and CG animation (Spirit, Shrek 2, Madagascar among others)

For the first week, we had to draw animals, which freaks me out a little bit. I feel that I totally suck at drawing and other than simple stickmen for my thumbnails, I can't seem to get any kind of decent stuff out of a pencil. But an assignment is an assignment, so here it is.


Kevin gave some really nice tips on drawing animals though, so hopefully this will improve as I move on with the class.

We also had to upload a couple of poses with the cat rig they have given us. Here's my poses.


No comments:

Post a Comment