Saturday, June 18, 2011

Animals & Creatures - Session 112

All good things has to come to an end and coming to the end of Animals & Creatures Class 1 is sad. Being a part of the first official term of the Animals & Creature Masterclass feels truly special.

I don't think I could have gotten off to a better start with amazing classmates that have seriously inspired me through their work and a really awesome mentor, Kevin Koch, that went totally into the material and really explained in-depth in weekly e-critiques that often lasted 20-30 minutes.

I've learned so much this term, but what I think I've learned the most is the importance of reference - when to use it, what to use from it and what not to use. This not only applies to VFX and creature animation, but I hope I will have huge benefits from what I've learned in all the animation I will do from now on.

This week, I've gone back and addressed Kevins final notes on my assignments. In the Ogre shot I know I should have pushed it a lot more, but the way I've set up the shot, caused the rig to distort too much. It would be cool to start it over knowing what I know now about the rig - and maybe I will one day, but for now I'm just gonna take what I've learned with me into future shots and hopefully manage to get something cool out of it.

There's a week break before Class 2 starts and maaaaaaan do I look forward to that! It's fun, its awesome and it's supercool, but crazy exhausting :). After a week of recharging, I'm really looking forward to get into flights, working with live action background plates and fights/interaction between two characters. It's gonna be amazing.

Here's all my assignments from Animals & Creatures Class 1:

4 comments:

  1. Robin5:58 PM

    good work persevering through the program! Sleep for the next few days before the crazy cycle starts again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:26 AM

    Where are you? I don't see you in Class 2

    haokun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kun

    I'm there, in Keith Sintays class ;)

    best,
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  4. These shots look wicked! The cat-creature just looks so natural. Looking forward to seeing your Class 2 exercises :)

    ReplyDelete